Friday, January 13, 2012

Koorigan Lodge



It says something about your lifestyle if you go on a trip, take a nap and in your dream you are tirelessly looking for a wifi connection. This is exactly what happened during our trip to the more remote area of Puerto Viejo, well Punta Uva to be exact. I have traveled quite a bit, probably a majority, of Costa Rica but I have never ventured to the Caribbean coast and upon my arrival to my B&B at the Koorigan Lodge and during my much needed siesta, I dreamed of what I could not find: WiFi. Coming from the generation that has a need to check Facebook and email every time we go anywhere, staying in a hotel without internet is kind of a struggle (sorry to my boyfriend who could not check to see if his fantasy team made it to the final round of the playoffs).  But Koorigan Lodge relieved this generational issue by the sheer beauty of the area. Who needs Facebook updates when I’ve got a jungle surrounding me?  The Koorigan Lodge is nestled among the giant trees and gorgeous vegetation of Punta Uva and the B&B owners, Ingrid and Erwan are amongst the kindest people we have met in our travels. They genuinely care about their guests. And better yet, they genuinely care to feed their guests. Breakfast always starts with fresh bread or chocolate croissants, yogurt and homemade granola, tea or coffee and a plate of fresh fruit. This is followed up with eggs of your preference and bacon or sausage. By the time lunch rolls around, you aren’t even hungry, even after we did a morning of hiking (in the rain). There are a ton of great places to stay while on the Caribbean coast but the Koorigan Lodge creates a true sense of home and a breakfast your mama would make. 



No comments:

Post a Comment